I have been in the financial industry for over 25 years now. I can say these things definitively about it.
- 4 out of 5 investment managers are no more qualified to manage money than you are and have significant regulatory hurdles to doing a good job for you.
- Financial Planners have virtually no training on investing and most are merely nothing more than expensive middlemen for the software they use to write your financial plan (that’s why I give away access to one of the best financial planning software to members of Fundamental Trends and offer a discount financial planning service).
- Investment advisers are mostly converted stock brokers looking for another way to make money from you, many times that you have already paid for, and in most cases not worth their weight in salt.
- The financial industry churns out new products strictly to sell you something. Investing does not require complicated and expensive products like annuities, structured notes, closed-end funds and other financial gimmick garbage.
- If you have several hours per week to read and study, then you should manage your own investments (if you don’t have the time, then hire me).
There is a great step-by-step way to pick investments if you have the time. I can show it to you.
I have borrowed and tailored a 4-step investment process from 2 of the most successful institutional investors in the world. I have been using it for over 20 years now. It works, it’s simple and it is repeatable for finding safer investments and bigger profits.
I’ll get straight to the point and give you the broad strokes. Here it is. The 4 things to do for every investment:
- Consider whether long-term secular trends are with or against the company (in the case of stock picking) or industry (in the case of ETF investing).
- Determine whether Federal Reserve and Government policy are for or against the company or industry.
- Dive deep into the fundamentals of the company or industry including company presentations, SEC documents (which my AI and I read for you) and industry publications (which my AI and I do for you too).
- Use technical and quantitative (quant) analysis to determine when is a good time to buy low and a good time to sell high (most of our trades are what’s called position trades, meaning lasting quarters year years).
Now, there’s a lot to each step and I know you don’t have 50+ hours per week and an AI to do all of this work yourself. That’s where Fundamental Trends comes in. We have the experience and resources to whittle that work down to a few hours per week for you.
We will give you the ideas and the information that made us suggest a particular investment. Your job is to review our material and decide if an investment idea is right for your goals and risk tolerance.
We will even research ideas that you have given us from your own professional experience. For example, if you are a doctor or engineer or techie, tell us about something that’s interesting in your field and we’ll track down what type of investment opportunity it is. We get several great ideas every year from members. It’s part of our “crowd sourcing” from the amazing people who subscribe to our research.
Or, go straight to RARE Investing, our all-in-one service, which is now offering a big 1st year discount to “prove it.”